Friday 13 May 2011

How to Be Single



I work in a young industry that keeps me party hopping and generally in the know when it comes to trends, fashion and celebrity gossip. So, it’s no surprise I’m often the one my single girlfriends turn to when they want to go out on the town.

But, to be honest, when I’m not out schmoozing at some work-related shindig, I try to avoid the bar scene altogether.  They’re loud, which makes it virtually impossible to carry on a conversation, they’re filled with posers just looking for arm candy and they’re usually standing room only.  And I don’t need to tell you what standing in four-inch heels all night can do to your feet.

Beside, c’mon.  Do you really want to strut your stuff next to hundreds of equally young, sexy and eligible women?  Or do you want to put the odds on your side?

If you want to meet a man and have a fighting chance at nabbing him, try these three suggestions:

-        Take a class or join a club.  Whether it’s cooking, photography or sailing, follow your passion and even if you don’t meet the man of your dreams right off the bat, you’ll at least meet interesting, like-minded people.  (I met my partner at Second City in an improv class some 10-12 years ago and I know at least a half dozen other couples who met and fell in love there, too.  Those relationships, might I add, are still going strong.)

-        Go to the gym.  You’ll look better, feel better and potentially meet a man who takes care of himself.  And ladies, let’s face it.  The better shape he’s in, the better he’ll be in bed. (Ask me about my stint as an aerobics instructor some time.)  If you really can’t stand the thought of working out, join a hiking or walking club. 

-        And finally, if you love the bar scene ask yourself why.  If it’s the getting dressed up, socializing and people watching parts you love, consider attending beer or scotch tastings.  Wear your hottest pair of heels, show off those legs and who knows?  Even if you don’t meet the guy of your dreams, you might actually learn something.  And, take heed.  Men are impressed by women who like traditionally manly drinks.

Really, the best part about being single is the thrill of the chase, isn’t it?  So, ready, set, go!


Meline

No comments:

Post a Comment